Katarina Johnson-Thompson's bid for a heptathlon medal at the Tokyo Olympics is over after she sustained a calf injury in the 200m event.
Johnson-Thompson pulled up in the 200 metres in worrying scenes but picked herself up to jog across the line.
She went down after completing the bend but refused treatment and completed the race but was disqualified because she left the lane.
A statement from British Athletics read: "Unfortunately Katarina Johnson-Thompson sustained an injury to her right calf during the 200m and has had to withdraw from the heptathlon.
"To confirm, it is not a repeat of her recent Achilles injury which was on her left leg. There will be no further comment this evening."
- Keane 'angry' at lacklustre Spurs display
- Souness, Keane stunned by Noble penalty decision
- Tuchel: Kante gives you 'everything you need'
- Hits and misses: De Gea back, Lukaku back and even better
- Milner: 'Superman' Van Dijk needs looking after
- Warning for AJ: 'Usyk has power to absorb punches!'
- De Gea penalty heroics and Lingard haunt Hammers
- Man Utd's Jones opens up on injury hell
- Tottenham lead tributes to 'true legend' Greaves
- Khan removed from flight after reported face mask row
Source : https://www.skysports.com/football/news/15234/12372487/tokyo-2020-olympics-katarina-johnson-thompson-suffers-achilles-injury-in-heptathlon376