Forza Horizon 5, the upcoming installment in Microsoft’s
Three Battlefield 2042 trailers – the official reveal trailer on both EA’s
The three videos combined for 25.8 million views since the start of June, EA’s own YouTube channel version of the reveal trailer, which features a Motley Crue song dramatically remixed by German duo 2WEI, topped the entire list.
By contrast, the new Forza game may have bagged the most anticipated game award from a group of game-publication editors, but its trailer attracted a far more modest 2.7 million views, according to Tubular. It was 10th on the Top 10 list. Another Microsoft powerhouse, Minecraft, was second on the list overall for a trailer of its Caves & Cliffs update.
The gamer editors also named as the best presentation over the four days of the first virtual E3 Microsoft’s Sunday morning unveil. That event featured 30 games, mostly from its studios and newly acquired Bethesda Games, including Forza and the next Halo, which didn’t even make Tubular’s top 10 for the month. It also showcased Battlefield 2042, separately from EA’s presentation.
>Meet ABC News’ Rachel Scott, Who Looked Putin In The Eye And Asked Him: ‘What Are You So Afraid Of?’h3 data-ga-track="Most Popular - Automated Recirc - Link 2"">
>At News Conference, Reporter Tells Kamala Harris: ‘It’s An Honor...I Voted For You’h3 data-ga-track="Most Popular - Automated Recirc - Link 3"">
>Tucker Carlson Has Most-Watched Show In Cable News As Fox Leads Basic Cable For 17 Straight Weeks
The latest Battlefield installment from EA studio DICE is set in a near-future world with weapons of many kinds from the specific era. Recent Battlefield installments I the 19-year-old franchise have focused on combat during World War I, and then World War II.
As with its many predecessors, Battlefield 2042 allows players to not only fight on foot, but also use a wide variety of vehicles. As the two videos show, hovercraft, jeeps, tanks, armored personnel carriers, jets, helicopters, robot fighting dogs, even ATVs and jitneys can be used to move and fight. And there’s even a Fortnite-like storm to navigate on the battlefield. The game play will allow up to 128 players on extremely large maps.
Here’s the top 10 gamer teaser/trailer videos since June 1, according to Tubular:
1. Battlefield: Battlefield 2042 Official Reveal Trailer (ft. 2WEI) (15.0 million views)
2. Minecraft: Caves & Cliffs Update: Part I – Official Trailer (7.4 million)
3. Battlefield: Battlefield 2042 Official Gameplay Trailer (6.7 million)
4. Fortnite: Story Trailer For Fortnite Chapter 2 - Season 7 (5.8 million)
5. Fortnite: Fortnite Chapter 2 - Season 7 Battle Pass Trailer (5.8 million)
6. Ubisoft: Riders Republic: Official Deep Dive Trailer (4.3 million)
7. IGN: Battlefield 2042 Official Reveal Trailer (4.1 million)
8. Nintendo: Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - E3 2021 Teaser - Nintendo Direct (3.7 million)
9. Bethesda Softworks: Starfield - Official Teaser Trailer (3.1 million)
10. Xbox: Forza Horizon 5 Official Announce Trailer (2.7 million)
Source : https://www.forbes.com/sites/dbloom/2021/06/17/battlefield-2042-tops-e3s-most-popular-video-game-trailers/1130